What to expect
The first visit
During your first visit I will ask you questions about your current complaint, but also about your past medical history and overall health. In addition to this, I will perform a thorough examination with several orthopaedic, chiropractic and/or neurological tests. If you have already had any other investigations (e.g. x-ray, MRI/CT scan) done, it will be useful for you to bring them.
After combining all the results together, I will come to a diagnosis. It will then be determined whether a chiropractor can help with your complaint or whether a possible referral to another health care professional is necessary. Everything will be discussed with you extensively and we will make a treatment plan together. There is always room for all your questions.
Once everything is clear to you, we continue to the first treatment.
The side effects
Chiropractic is a very safe treatment method. However, just like every other treatment method, a chiropractic treatment can cause some side effects, which are a reaction to the treatment. These possible side effects include muscle/joint aches or stiffness, fatigue and headaches. These normally disappear after a few hours to days. On the right you can find some tips to improve your body's recovery.
As your chiropractor, I will find treatment techniques most suitable for you in order to limit these side effects as much as possible.
What can you do?
Right after the treatment
- drink plenty of water
- go for a little walk
- take some rest
- limit the amount of exercise for at least 1 day
To maintain long-term results
- follow-up on given ergonomic advice
- do prescribed exercises regularly
- drink enough water (min 2L per day)
- stay active
- don't wait too long if you feel any symptoms coming back
- or even better: come in for regular check-ups (every 2-6 months) - preventing is better than curing!
To reduce worries and doubts
- ask any questions that come up in your mind
- call me if you're worried about the side-effects
I'm here to help :)